tiistai 16. joulukuuta 2008

Visitors from Finland

My brother, his wife and her brother visited us here about a month ago.

Their timing was great as the weather was really nice. Sunny and dry, but not too warm. And it rained for about a week starting from the day they left.

They of course ticked some nice problems, being as strong as they are. But I had also a nice weekend as I could do three new problems.

Below is a video from one of them, Damaszenerklinge, where my brother climbs it.

It is a compression endurance problem. The two crimps for the left are pretty much the only holds, otherwise it is mostly squeezing with hands and feet. No move feels particularly hard alone, the thing is to have enough strength left for the final move. I did not have the strength to lift my left hand and to press the wall before the final move to the top as my brother does on the clip. I did it as more dynamic (i.e. desperate) move from lower. So I really needed a spotter for that one, as there is a nasty rock under your back in the end, and was really happy that I could exploit the chance of having one.




Damaszenerklinge from jeguri on Vimeo.


There is also a couple of pics from the visit in my brothers blog.

Ei kommentteja: